Thargoid War Update: July 3309

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalNet News

Your Galaxy In Focus
Vox Galactica journalist Jade Sanderlyn reports on the latest news emerging from the front lines of the conflict.
"Events in the war continue to move quickly, sometimes outpacing the 'speed of news'. In my last update, I mentioned that the Thargoids had occupied over a thousand systems. But by the time that was published, the number had reduced considerably. According to my sources, anti-xeno squadrons and independent pilots are reclaiming systems at a higher rate than Thargoids can conquer them."
"This incredible achievement suggests we are finally gaining the advantage in this war. The hopelessness that many have felt over the last nine months is now tempered with optimism. Our naval forces are proving that the alien fleet is not undefeatable."
"My sources also passed on some unsettling stories from pilots working beyond the frontline systems. A few of them seem to think that the Thargoids' interest in occupied escape pods – which is well documented – has recently increased. Apparently, there have been claims that Thargoid vessels went out of their way to abduct escape pods launched from ships damaged in battle."
"These are little more than unsubstantiated rumours, of course, and not something I would usually include in a factual report. But we know so little about the Thargoids that even circumstantial changes in their behaviour might be significant. And I can't be the only one who finds such tales chilling."
"Otherwise, the most significant news this month was Azimuth Biotech's corporate convention and the launch of its AX module redesign. Aegis clearly has the lead in both public sentiment and government support at this time, but it seems like Azimuth has no intention of ceasing its contributions to the war effort anytime soon."
"This is Jade Sanderlyn for Vox Galactica. Stay safe out there."

Source: Galnet News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom