Rackham Refutes Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalNet News

Your Galaxy In Focus
Presidential candidate Zachary Rackham has denied allegations that he was a notorious pirate lord prior to becoming an entrepreneur.
Financial journalist Bryanna Blanco has long maintained that the business magnate gained his initial fortune by means of piracy. She recently announced that she was renewing efforts to prove his criminality, thereby invalidating him from holding the presidency under Federal electoral laws.
In an exclusive interview with Sol Today, Mr Rackham addressed the situation:
"I've always been highly amused by these stories, which make out that I was some kind of swashbuckling corsair in my youth. No doubt they've helped boost sales of The Federal Times."
"But in the Federation, we have laws to protect innocent people – just like me! – from libellous accusations. It's time for Ms Blanco to discard her poisonous obsession with me, or I'll be forced to defend my good name through legal means. Hey, if she needs a good source of income, my campaign could always find use for an imaginative speech writer!"
In response, The Federal Times published a personal article by Bryanna Blanco:
"Rackham does have one genuine talent: covering his tracks. With all his money and resources, he's erased all evidence of his past. I've interviewed plenty of victims and witnesses, but most of my discoveries won't stand up in court against his powerful legal team."
"So, with special funding provided by my editor, I've turned to the professionals. The Wallglass Investigations Agency has been hired to prove that Rackham operated as a pirate lord. If they can't find irrefutable proof, nobody can. And if I'm proved wrong, then Calico Zack can take his shot at stealing the entire Federation."

Source: Galnet News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom