Presidential Candidates Outline Manifestos

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalNet News

Your Galaxy In Focus
The three candidates in the Federal presidential election have taken part in a second live debate to discuss policies.
The event was more closely moderated than the first debate in June. The candidates discussed their campaigns in detail, with minimal interruption from their rivals.
Republican Party candidate Jerome Archer is the current vice president and a former director of the Federal Intelligence Agency. He explained his intentions to tighten security and increase military spending:
"Shielding citizens from external threats, whether human or alien, is always my top priority. Ms Winters lacks any significant achievements in her political career, if we're honest. Whereas I can refer to many successes – such as the Proactive Detection Bureau – which prove I am a man of my word."
Shadow President Felicia Winters, leader of the Liberal Party, was previously the secretary of state in Jasmina Halsey's administration. She outlined her plans to reinvest in civil infrastructure by increasing corporate taxation:
"Our economic model will look to increase tax revenue generated by large corporations, greatly improving the quality of life for billions of people through public service investment. Mr Archer's obsession with police-state programmes can only push the Federation further toward an authoritarian dystopia."
Independent candidate Zachary Rackham is a well-known business magnate, who privately owns many Federal companies. His campaign pledges have proved highly popular, but remain light on detail:
"Is anyone else as bored of these two windbags as I am? All politicians do is make empty promises, but I'm in the business of giving people what they want. As president, I'll make every single person rich and successful, just like – say it with me, come on – just like me!"
All three candidates pledged to prioritise funding for the Federal Navy's anti-xeno efforts until the ongoing conflict with the Thargoids reaches a conclusion.
In related news, Congress confirmed that the election date has been shifted again. Refugee advocacy groups have argued that all residents of Federal systems lost to Thargoid invasion are entitled to vote, and the active re-registration of this demographic in new territories has forced a further delay. The election is now expected to be held in the last quarter of 3309.

Source: Galnet News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom