Author Abandons Interstellar Book Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalNet News

Your Galaxy In Focus
Celebrated author Olav Redcourt has abandoned the promotional tour for his latest novel, halfway through a two-month circuit of fifty systems.
Reporters managed to catch Mr Redcourt as he was storming off the passenger liner where he has spent the last four weeks. He told them:
"I'm sick of churning out historical-romance garbage, especially now that readers can change the damn story to suit themselves! I'm going to write the book I've always wanted to write – a science-fiction saga set in the future."
A statement was released by Bonespire Publishing:
"Unfortunately this incident constitutes a breach of contract, as Mr Redcourt has only produced fourteen Corsair King novels, rather than the twenty-five we agreed. We hope we can convince him to resume the tour and continue with the series."
Margaux Hist, the author's agent, commented:
"Olav's a true artist, so I'm sure fans will understand that he wants a little creative freedom. I can't tell you anything about the new title yet, but science-fiction is a niche genre with a tiny audience, so I hope it sells well enough to pay Olav's legal bills."

Source: Galnet News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom