Aisling Criticises Imperial Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalNet News

Your Galaxy In Focus
Princess Aisling Duval has challenged the Empire's shift in priority towards reduced interaction with other superpowers.
During an interview with the Citizens' Chronicle newsfeed, she remarked:
"It's obvious that the Imperial Navy is deeply embarrassed by its commitment to Salvation, and is as good as paralyzed without his superweapon technology. The Emperor is now attempting to save face by severing all collaborative projects with the Alliance and Federation. Frankly, I think this is short-sighted and self-defeating."
"Our naval crews in HIP 22460 died as heroes, of course, but we should not ignore that they were acting in coalition with Allied and Federal taskforces. This tragedy affected all of us, and we do not honour the dead by pretending otherwise. All of us with the ability to help, no matter our allegiance, must do more to support the families of everyone lost in that appalling catastrophe, while recognising the likelihood of further casualties of war."
Hadrian Augustus Duval publicly disagreed with his cousin's viewpoint, as quoted by Paresa News Network:
"Despite my respect for Princess Aisling, I must admit that Emperor Arissa has my support in this matter – something I never believed I would ever say. My position has always been that our Empire is weakened by relying on external forces of any kind. So it's gratifying to see the wisdom of this policy finally being acknowledged."

Source: Galnet News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom