Aegis Releases Upgraded Xeno Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalNet News

Your Galaxy In Focus
*Pilots' Federation ALERT*
A pulse wave xeno scanner upgrade that can detect human life signs on Thargoid Titans is now available.
Professor Alba Tesreau, head of Aegis, announced the campaign's successful conclusion:
"The upgraded pulse wave xeno scanner will isolate human life signs aboard the Titan motherships. If Seo Jin-ae is correct that some of our missing populations are being stored by the Thargoids, this could be the most important technological breakthrough in the war. I'm deeply grateful to all those who helped make it a reality."
"Aegis is already trialling potential methods to rescue abductees, providing they can be located. I have also accepted Li Yong-Rui's invitation to discuss the recovery methods already explored by Sirius Corporation, following majority approval from our superpower delegates."
Former Federal admiral and current Aegis military strategist Aden Tanner discussed the practicalities of locating human captives:
"I want to remind pilots of how dangerous this task will be. Ships must be equipped with caustic sink launchers to survive within the corrosive Maelstroms, as well as Thargoid pulse neutralisers to breach the Titan's defensive barrier.Flying close to the surface of the Titans is no easy feat, plus there is an ever-present risk of attack by patrolling Thargoid vessels. But I know how determined many of you are to find these poor souls. Every human identified is a potential life saved the moment we have the tools to do so."
In advance of the pulse wave scanner upgrade, Aegis hosted a campaign in the Rabh system which aimed to resupply low-stock commodities for the broader humanitarian efforts. Independent pilots managed to deliver quantities of neofabric insulation, polymers and thallium. While the eventual total received was lower than anticipated, current stocks should now be sufficient while a permanent supply chain is established.
CD-51 1447 Imperial Society is now rewarding contributors to Aegis's initiative at Muller Terminal in the Rabh system. Pilots who protected deliveries by destroying wanted ships can also now redeem bounty vouchers.

Source: Galnet News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom